In this video, I discover that our team is the only one in the room NOT doing daily standups!
Seriously, Richard explains the disciplines they use in a remote WFH world (Melbourne was locked down hard, hard, hard at the time of recording). So we discuss some of the challenges they have in executing on the OKRs.
You can get this on Soundcloud or see all our podcast links here.
The summary is:
- Airwallex form “squads” that are spear-headed with Product Manager, Designer and Lead Engineer
- There is an over-arching SME strategy.
- Quarterly and Annual OKRs trickle down through the organisation.
- opportunity decision trees (Teresa Torres, see Opportunity Solution Trees for Product Teams to ideate potential solutions to OKRs”
- Triaging of solutions (see Don’t build shiny objects)
- Monday planning meetings – where broader goals for the week within sprints are agreed
- Daily standups (!)